Tuesday, July 1, 2008

By Invitation Only :-)


I just needed an excuse to post this picture. Everyone needs a sense of humor.

While I am on a roll, let me mention there are a many great *Yahoo Groups* that are oriented to the Anabaptists.

You can search under *Anabaptist, but I can't condone every group. So let me suggest a few groups to search for if your looking to expand your knowlede of Anabaptist doctrine, or simply ask a few questions.

Copy and paste these in your Yahoo-Groups Search Engine, or click on the links:

Open_Amish_and_Mennonite

Anabaptist_Seekers Conservative_Anabaptists HeadcoveringChristians headcovering & earlychristianstoday and additionally:GodsAbundantBlessings ... There are others, but I caution you that some who claim to be Mennonite, or Anabaptist are not a true representation of what you will find in an actual church. Keep that in mind. Most are converts (I am) but I admit it up front and don't claim to have all the answers. I'm still in the *seeker* catagory, even though it's been years, because there is such disagreement over doctrine within the Anabaptist Churches.

You can do a Yahoo search under *Amish & Mennonite* and find additional groups.


I am moderator on *Headcovering, & Open Amish & Mennonite.

On the other lists, I can say whole heartedly that the Moderators are great Christians, and you will be welcome to ask questions and learn as you seek.

Go on now... run along and go check out these groups. But before you go, set the picture as your screensaver on the PC. You know you want to:-)

PAZ,

Kelly

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What about GAB? :)

Unknown said...

I will ask Elaine..

Unknown said...

OKEY DOKE Kristen! GAB has officially been added:-)

Love ya girl!

Kelly

Dawn said...

Also just the regular Amish_and_Mennonite yahoo group is a wonderful one. I am on that and it has 2 Mennonite moderators who do an excellent job.

I am also on plainwomenliving, ApronsandBonnets (not really as conservative as it sounds but maybe if more covered ladies joined it would be great), and I am on a few more headcovering groups, but the Amish_and_Mennonite group is great!

I'd join your group Kelly but I can't even get through the messages from the groups I am on! :-)

Blessings,
Dawn (future Texan is 21 hours)

Unknown said...

Dawn,

I have joined the group and I will tell you this: I love Papa, but he is usually too harsh with me. No matter what I say, he takes issue with and he slams the Open and Amish group I moderate constantly.

He and I butt heads too much. Also, anyone who doesn't agree with his version of Anabaptism is going to hell. Don't let him know you like 80's love songs... In his opinion, its a sin... you might go to hell. (Of course not!)

Oh well, every Rose has it's thorn.
*Wink

I just pray for him even if we don't always see eye to eye.

Blessings,
Kelly