Friday, December 12, 2008

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

You know, here we are again... it's mid-December and the yuletide season is in full swing.
Admittedly, I suffer from holiday depression and have no idea why? It all starts when I hear the first broadcast of *I Want A Hippopotamaus For Christmas* and ends with *Old Lang Syne*... lol..
I just get so overwhelmed.

So this year I decided I was going to be proactive and had all my shopping, with the exception of stocking stuffers done by the end of November. Mission Accomplished! Also, to help curb the oppressiveness of poverty between December 25th and March 1st, I started a savings account to accomodate my Christmas budget. WHAT A DIFFERENCE A LITTLE CHING-CHING MAKES!!

So, now that I'm on a roll, and have succesfully managed what usually beats me down, I have been in a chipper Christmas mood, whistling carols, and greeting everyone with a *Merry Christmas!* Is it possible that organization and a little extra spending cash can have that big of an impact on your emotional status??? Guess so.


But that brings my thoughts around to those less fortunate. This year the company I work for; Bimbo Bakeries has helped sponsor a family from Keller, Texas as the crew for *Extreme Home Make-Over* builds them a new home after their home was flooded.
http://extreme.wall.com/default.html

And, they have adopted two Metroplex families who are in need this Christmas. Both families are single parent households, with many children. One family is supported by a mother, who is caring for 4 of her own children, 2 of her grandchildren and battling cancer while she cleans homes to make a living. It makes you stop and appreciate what you have. We are not wealthy, but we are capable, employable, and in good health. It's amazing what we take for granted.


The company has all the employees involved. We had staff meetings and discussed the best way to assist them. Our conclusion was to have anyone who wanted to participate donate specific items and money to be given to the families on behalf of Bimbo Bakeries USA. Once the meetings were over, my office was a-flurry with activity.... everyone discussing what they could do to help. (Again my heart leaps out of my chest with pride).



Apparently everyone was so excited, most of us went out last night after work and shopped for the families. This morning I was thrilled to pull into my company parking lot and see so many employees carrying boxes, and bags filled with household goods, clothing, and food.



THAT IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS!



The whole idea that I work for a company that cares about people makes me love my job even more. I know just how blessed I am. Do you?


So from my house to yours.... from Scott, Kelly, Hutch, Star, Porch & Minnie Lou;
Have a blessed Christmas Season.

No comments: