Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WE ARE FAM-I-LY!!



It's official! Miss Minnie Lou is part of the Hunt Family! Weighing in at 2.5 lbs, Minnie Lou is a scrapper! She has been chasing Hutch (75 lbs) all over the house and Star has taken to being a kind of *Mother-Figure* to her. Poor Hutch... kind of the elephant and the mouse syndrome. I fear he thinks she is a gerbil.




Anyhow, she is not quite potty-trained (which is always a challenge) and still has to be fed every 4 hours, even at night. But last night, I got up at 1:00 am to feed her, and she wasn't in her bed. She had managed to climb up on a rocking chair and she was sitting pretty like a BIG GIRL. She looked quite content and it is apparent that she is not taking attitude from the big dogs, or the cat. Amazing.


With Muttley passing, I worried that I wouldn't love another dog as much as I loved her. After 72 hours, I realize you love them ALL with all your heart. Noone can replace Muttley, or the memories we have of her, but life goes on, and every doggie needs a home. Muttley would want it that way.


Blessings Ya'll!!


Kelly

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yippee...glad you got the puppy!!!

I was telling my hubby last night about how you were denied from that agency and all that entailed that but eventually you got a puppy from somewhere else and all is well now. :-)

Have a safe weekend!!!

God Bless,
Dawn

Heidi said...

Welcome Minnie, I think you landed in a good spot. Why do you still have to feed her every 4 hours?