Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Corrupted Gospel

Everyone I know is reading about the horrible FLDS scandal in San Angelo. This just tears me up. But it just goes to show you that ultimate power corrupts.
The men envolved in this corrupted church are sick.
I genuinely feel compassion for the women and children who are obviously brainwashed into this cult.
What will become of all these children? Will they all re-unite in another underground society/church? Or is there help for them?

Hopefully, the children will be able to return to their mothers and get the help they all need. But I truly wonder if ANY of these people will try to get out of this so-called church? Is there any hope that they could convert to Anabaptism? Is there anyone beside Child Protective Services reaching out to help them?

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I have been thinking about these ladies and their situations alot lately, even discussing it with my DH today as a matter of fact.

You know..I think I heard on the news that they wanted to place all those children in foster care or something, and I told my DH...how can they place all of them in foster care when they cant even give the foster children already there good homes? Makes no sense!

Honestly, I say return the children to their mothers.

Then, bring in some much needed counseling of every sort.

It's not right to seperate the mothers with their children.

Have the men in the compound been interrorgated yet?
They should be highly scrutinized and kept a keen eye on, not these children.
They don't know any better.

Let's lift up these men, women and children in prayer.
We may not agree with they way they do things, but our prayers can do much for them.

God Bless,
Dawn

Unknown said...

Dawn, You echoed my thougts exactly.

I DID hear on the radio this morning that the State is probably going to release the children back to the custody of their Mothers. Probably from public outrage.

But sadly there was a girl who was 13 and pregnant. That's so hard to imagine. I was just putting away my dolls, and writing in diaries at that age.

Can't wait for you to come to Texas!!!

(((hugs)))

Kelly